Dress Up Games
EPM Win 6-8-18
Okavango is now wearing Safari Costume
Greedy Gertrude win
|Posted on : 12th Apr 2018 03:52
||Posted by : Meggy
|Thank you for finishing my Mission on time. Here is your reward..
Enchanted White Lorius Plushie
GG was actually rather kind to me this run. There were a few UB items I had to buy, but for the most part, she asked me for items I already had. This is my first time beating GG and I don't expect to be able to do it again any time soon.
|Posted on : 29th Mar 2018 18:59
||Posted by : Meggy
Shadelings and Demons
- Think of shadelings like specks of dust. When pieces of dust (in this case, shadelings) clump together, they make larger and larger clumps of dust. In this way, they're like dust bunnies made of pure evil.
- Shadelings can be thought of as baby demons. They are abstract, amorphous beings made of pure, concentrated evil.
- Some can be seen even by normal eyes, while others can only be seen through the aid of magical objects or people with a soul reading ability.
- No two shadelings look alike. They can be ridged or fluid enough that they can pass through (and even posses) living creatures in their "infant" and "forming" states.
- It can take hundreds of years for a Shadeling to develop from "infant" (which is just a speck) to a minor demon. If a shading merges with a corrupted living creature, this speeds up the process.
- Shadelings to not have a personality or sentience. They can be controlled by higher level demons who use them to cause chaos.
- Despite having no free will, they are primally driven to do evil.
- They grow from evil and chaos and thrive off of fear and negativity. Anything from the cry of baby to discord among neighbors can cause them to grow and develop, even if it's slowly, over hundreds of years. They work like dust bunnies, attracting other pieces of shadelings over time.
- As shadings grow and develop, their shape becomes more solid and they become more intelligent and purposeful in their intent. They become more and more dangerous.
Effects of shadings vary.
Human contact with a weak shadeling can result in anything from as minor as mood change and feeling a chill in the air to developing illnes. Advanced shadelings, under certain conditions, can change livestock into minor demons or corrupt human souls. Soul corruption causes a human's personality to change, making them more likely to kill or commit crimes of chaos. The soul possession can be temporary or permanent. This can lead to a human losing its soul and becoming a minor demon.
When a shading grows up, it becomes a minor demon. Minor demons are monsters, normally with limited intelligence. (Think of them as creatures one would battle in an RPG.)
- Knights and mercenaries have made a living protecting towns from these creatures but their numbers have started to grow more numerous, completely wiping out a number of small villages.
- Minor demons are diverse in form. Some fly, some swim, some work in packs. They are always dark in color and always have a visible dark aura/fog around them.
- Like shadelings, they grow from chaos and evil.
These are fully developed demons. Some can take on a humanoid form and some are large enough to dwarf an entire village. They have human level cunning and intellect, but they are beings of pure evil.
- These are the demon lords from old stories.
- No fully developed demons have been seen by the time our story begins, but they are on the brink of forming.
|Posted on : 28th Mar 2018 12:01
||Posted by : Meggy
|See this blog for information about shadelings and demons:
In an ancient time, powerful demon lords ruled the land. None were more powerful than the king of demons, a titan made of pure, concentrated evil. It was an age of monsters; a dark, barren shadow realm. From out of the darkness, a powerful light came forth and destroyed the demons.
Life was able to thrive and the age of humanity came to be.
Whether or not people believe this or chalk it up as a scary story to tell children before bedtime, this is a tale most people of the land of Audalania are familiar with.
But that’s not the end of the story.
Audalania is a medieval world of magic and adventure— and a growing danger.
For generations, the kingdoms of the land of Audalania lived in peace an prosperity. Food was plentiful and humans and other creatures of the realm shared the land in harmony.
But peace can be a fragile thing.
Recently, mysterious demonic creatures known as shadelings have appeared; terrorizing villages and travelers. The land itself has begun to wither. Prime farmland has not been producing as it should and some places are at the brink of famine, war, and possibly worse.
The source of these demons must be found before the world plunges into chaos.
Our story begins on the outskirts of Kuvilos, a large town built where the Aquani Channel meets the Majoris River. This is an bustling port city.
- The Goodlands -
Plentiful freshwater rivers and underground springs have made this land the the breadbasket of Audalania. The kingdoms here have been historically peaceful and prosperous. Most of the human population lives here.
- The Greenlands -
- Consists of Upper, Lower, and "Middle" Greenlands. The Middle Greenlands are a part of the Goodlands. These are forests. Though there are some small pockets of human population here, for the most part this is untamed wilderness; home to fairies and wood-dragons. The large trees on the map are all believed to be connected. These trees and the areas around them are protected by powerful magic, and few humans have ever seen them.
- Agonei -
- A desert continent. Many celebrated white magic users come from this barren realm.
- The Orcono mountains are an extremely dangerous place for humans. The island off the east coast is surrounded by whirlpools and storms, making it impossible for humans to get to.
- The Aquani Channel separates The Goodlands from Agonei. The waters here flow from west to east and are quite calm.
- The Dragon Isles -
An island populated mostly by outlaws and dragons. A rough place with varied landscapes including active volcanoes and lush forests.
Humans are the dominant/most numerous race of the world of Audalania.
Other races include, but are not limited to Elves, Trolls, Dragons (both humanoid shapeshifters and feral), satyrs, werewolves, and other fantasy creatures.
Some have assembled into human society while others stick to the forests.
Magic of this world can be broken down into White/Light Magic, Black/Dark Magic, and Elemental Magic.
- Magic is like an individual's finger print. It is unique to every user. No one's magic is exactly the same, even if different people learn the same spells.
- White magic and Black magic are incompatible. A healing wizard cannot cast a shadow spell. If they could, the very nature of their magic would change.
- A person's magical properties are determined before they are born. Under normal circumstances, this cannot be changed.
- Genetics can play a role in magical properties as there are family lines who are more inclined to have magic of a certain type.
- Not all people can use magic or choose to pursue magic.
- Magic is limited by the people who use it. Even the most talented of magic users are not almighty miracle workers. Magic is also limited by the user's energy. If a magic user is tired or hungry, that would effect their magic. A magic user can only perform so much magic before fatigue sets in.
- White/Light Magic -
This includes healing, purification, and light spells. People who can use white magic cannot use black magic.
Healing - These powers can range from being able to heal minor scrapes to being able to heal near fatal wounds if one is experienced enough.
-Even the most experienced, talented healers cannot bring back the dead.
- Healing magic cannot be cast on one's self other than very simple first aid
Purification - This is a way to exercise shadelings that plague humans, animals, or the land itself.
- When Purification and Healing are combined, this can also be a way of healing illness. This wouldn't be a way of say, curing cancer, but it can help alleviate symptoms and improve quality of life.
Light - Powers of light summoners can be as simple as being able to light up a cave or to weaken demons or even destroy shadelings.
- Black/Dark Magic -
This includes destruction magic and shadow magic
People who use black magic cannot use white magic.
- Black magic does not automatically mean evil. One of the realm's most kind-hearted, beloved kings was a black magic wizard.
- Black magic does have the most social stigma because it is fearsome and destructive.
- There are fewer wizards that use black magic versus white magic or elemental magic.
- Many who have these abilities choose not to use them at all because they fear it, but even these abilities may be used for good by the right people.
- Advanced practice of these magics are forbidden in all civilized countries.
- Most black magic users do not use magic at all or rely instead upon elemental magic.
Destruction - This power is like a bomb of black magic.
- At its weakest, this ability creates a powerful blast that stuns anyone it hits. It creates a feeling of dread.
- At its strongest, the blast can make everything and everyone it hits crumble to dust.
Shadow - Power to control dreams and nightmares.
-Advanced wizards can manipulate the shadows of living beings like a puppet.
These include the ability to summon and control Fire, Water, Air, and Earth.
- White magic or black magic users can also have the ability to use Elemental magic. Generally speaking, dark magic users who use elemental magic will be more powerful than white magic users.
- Elemental magic can be combined with white magic. An experienced healer/elemental user can make a healing flame or a healing potion from water, for example.
Other magical abilities include levitation/flight, the power to create illusions, and shapeshifting magic. These abilities are rare in humans, but common place with some species.
- Specifically to shapeshifting and levitation: The rare humans who are capable of using these abilities usually need unique magical objects to cast use these spells. There can be exceptions to this but these people would be exceptionally rare.
- Fairies and other species use illusion magic to keep people away from their homes or to give themselves the appearance of different creature without using shapeshifting magic.
- People have used illusions to trick people in a way that has caused harm or death. This can be difficult or impossible to trace back to the caster. Because of this, society tends to be wary of known illusion magic users.
- Shapeshifting magic is almost always used for the shapeshifter to freely change their own form from one species to one other species. An example being a dragon that can change into a human or a human that can change into a bird.
- This is complicated magic and the ability to turn into more than one creature is incredible.
- Shapeshifters who can alternate between multiple forms usually have a limited catalog of creatures they can transform into. Somewhere around five being the human limit, even for advanced sorcerers. (There may be exceptions)
- Shapeshifters who can alter the forms of other individuals are extremely rare and this magic is forbidden in all civilized countries.
Magical alignment (Dark magic or light magic) does not mean an individual is a good or bad person. An evil light magic wizard could exist who wouldn't think twice about causing an illusion that would make someone fall off a cliff or turn a human into a frog.
Some people have the ability to see what others do not see. This power is known as soul reading, and it can be used to view "souls" and their magical alignment/abilities.
- This power is stronger with some people than others. One doesn't need to be able to use magic to be a soul reader.
- Using this ability and calling out someone's magical alignment in public without permission is extremely taboo.
- Some people with this power can also see shadelings that may not normally be seen. They can also see if a shadeling is plaguing a living creature.
- Soul Reading is a rare ability and people with this power may not even realize that they have it or know what they are seeing. Throughout history, people with this power have been thought to be insane because they fear things that other people would say aren't really there.
- Nearly everyone in the world has at the very least some weak form of this ability. Someone may briefly see a shadleing out of the corner of their eye and believe it's an eye floater.
Pages  : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12